So I’m a big fan of gooey brownies and decided to give these a go!
They’re inspired by Nigella, and they use ground almonds as a substitute for flour. I think they taste much better like this, as to me, a Brownie should be gooey and moist, not cakey! To add a little twist, I put milkybar white chocolate buttons on top just as it finished cooking.
- 225 grams dark chocolate (minimum 70%)
- 225 grams butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 150 grams ground almonds
As mentioned earlier, I did follow Nigella’s recipe, but I’ll give a quick recap.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees/gas mark 3
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a saucepan of WARM but not vigorously boiling water. (bain marie style)
- Once melted, add the sugar
- Let cool a little, and add the ground almonds and beaten eggs.
- Put in a large tray (I lined mine with foil in order to take the brownies off easily) and bake for about 25-30 mins (until gooey in the middle but slightly harder on top)
- Add white chocolate buttons to the top! (and you can put them back in the oven at this point to ensure they melt)
They were delicious! Thanks Nigella!
I personally would serve them at room temperature alongside some white chocolate ice-cream, and this these are perfect for a pudding, or even just have them for an afternoon treat with a cuppa!